Monday, October 27, 2008

Bike rides in Capitola

Apparently bike rides in Capitola can be a little more dangerous than I expected. I was so proud of myself because I had my most successful ride yet. I went further, rode faster, and even started to figure out the gears on my "new" old school bike. Then...as I was riding down a little bike path that cuts over a creek toward the homestretch, I took a turn a little too fast and maybe too confident. I was edging toward the wood railing and stretched out my hand to keep from hitting it (even though I don't think I would have). I was successful in adverting a crash, but in the process cut my hand. I didn't think it was that bad...until I looked at my hand at home. It was pretty deep and dark in there.
Luckily, I had a doctor's appointment already scheduled with our new doctor to just get a check up. Unfortunately what started as a check up turned into probing my hand for "foreign objects", a tetanus shot, an hour wait for an x-ray and a day full of changing band-aids, using my left hand and being doped up on vicodin. It's all pretty funny, but kind of sad at the same time. Maybe soon I'll have my first uneventful bike ride.

3 comments:

  1. Be careful out there in Capitola - that is a rough neighborhood!

    Well, since your recent sports injury has landed you on the DL may I suggest you take this time to help your wife name that baby! :)

    P.S. I think your defense should be thrilled with the recent coaching changes! It worked for us...well sorta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How are you guys?? So I follow this blog, and was thinking you might enjoy it - he's an alum of APU and loves to talk politics and pop culture. Let me know what you think! :) www.xanga.com/mikeknaj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog link. I particulary found the "John McCain: Why I am Supporting the Man" and "What if Obama loses" posts. It's interesting because the blog that I just linked on my last post has some different view as to McCain's policies from Christian perspective as well as his integrity. Mike's posts are realllly long too!

    ReplyDelete