Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Godview - How will we be defined


In the series we are doing with the youth we are talking about how our views of God, or our "Godview," determine our reality.



Each one of us is “about” something. Something is going to define your life and mine. It will. I know that when I die, my kids are going to stand around and say many things, but inevitably it will get reduced to a sentence or two that begins this way: "Dad was . . . "



You WILL be defined.



The reason I love to think about the now is because we still are able to change and influence what our lives will be about. The sad part is that too many people don't think about what their lives will be about. We just kind of live it, and in the end, we hope it will be good enough. And I know my drift (when I'm not intentional) is to make my life about things that matter less, not more.


So what's it going to be about for you? Who do you want to be?



Take some time this month to think about what you want your life to be about. Think big. Think small. And then be intentional about not letting this summer sneak by without your notice. Your life will be about something. So will mine.



What will define your life? You can either decide what your life is about, or your life can drift towards something. But either way, your life will be defined by something or someone.



Get connected to a wider community of parents at http://www.orangeparents.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment